It took a while to finally get some photos (who knew getting natural light in Vancouver during fall would be an issue?) and I present to you my finished Word Bearers Daemon Prince. I had a ton of painting this guy. It was a bit of a challenge to paint him, but I think I did a good job on him. I went for a non metallic metal effect on the sword, with blue to contrast the deep red, along with some pale blue in the shoulder pads. My main source of inspiration for the color scheme and the model in general was this image of Kor Meagron from the 6th edition Warhammer 40k Rulebook.
I knew I wanted to go for a bit of a darker red, with some brown mixed in to get away from the bright red of the Blood Angels and World Eaters. I also wanted to add in more of the black flesh tones to give the impression that the flesh and armor are becoming one. I also wanted to make the silver a bit brighter, as it would really pop on the dark red and black. Now, onto the finished miniature!
And here he is in all his unholy glory. I would also like to point out the two helmets on the base. These are a wink at my friend’s hatred of Grey Knights and the Ultramarines (read The First Heretic if you don’t understand) and was a chance to try painting silver as a main armor color. Turned out rather well for a decapitated Marine. That’s all for now. I have some more Dreadfleet to finish, as I have been slowly working on it over the past few months.
Miniature painter, Warhammer nerd, Female Marine enthusiast.