Here with a small update before I finish the massive Dreadfleet post I have been working on. Along with Dreadfleet, I managed to finish this Dark Apostle model for a friend of mine over the course of the holidays. I was given free reign when it came to the miniature, so I quickly decided to paint him up as a Word Bearer. Some of you may notice the colours are slightly different than the last Word Bearer miniature I did, the Daemon Prince. This is because I used some of the new GW paints, and I added a bit more brown to the mix. No massive changes, but I prefer how the red came out on the chap.
I also had a heck of a time painting all of the script and small symbols onto his litanies, and I am very happy with how they came out. It was the first time I have had the chance to paint that much script, and I am glad that the method I used was random enough to not look boring after a few lines.
That’s all for now. I should have another post up by the end of the week, showing off the rest of Dreadfleet. I would love to hear what you think of the Dark Apostle, so leave a comment below.
Miniature painter, Warhammer nerd, Female Marine enthusiast.